Friday 3 February 2017

Catching Up with the Spearo Girl



Guess who's back?? 





ME!  


GAHH it's 2017 already!

Firstly, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!

I know... I know, IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONGG SINCE I'VE LAST POSTED.

It's incredible how fast time flies by when you have so many crazy things going on. But I promise I will be more frequent this year!

BTW I have a lot of catching up to do with you guys ... es
pecially since  i've recently started a new project. So just giving you guys  a warning in advance  that I will be releasing about three blog posts today 🙈🙌 

hmmm, ok. So where does one even start?

Shortly after my "deadly" encounter with the Barracuda, I decided it was best to take some time off of the ocean to really focus on my diving skills and techniques.
I began to train for what was meant to be my EPIC spearfishing filled summer.

My goal ultimate goal was to get some World Records in. 

Womp Womp!😰






But instead, I was met with an embarrassing incident that left me with a torn 
ligament in my ankle that had it swollen like a tennis ball and in a boot for weeks (lol I walked into a pothole) and to top it off I was later met with more knee complications.




Yup, so typical of clumsy, accident prone Sophie. 😓😭😜







But anyways, after some physiotherapy, and strength training i've managed to somewhat recover. I am still not back to 100% but with the encouragement of my dive buddies & family i've been able to head out on some Spearo missions these last couple months..

& let me tell ya, ITS BEEN AMAZING. 

Here are some some of my late 2016 spearo highlights!




I'll fill you guys in with some details later.. but right now I have more EXCITING news to speak about. 



#BREAKTHESTEREOTYPE
 if you follow me on social media most of you may have seen this hashtag floating around. 



Those of you who are wondering what this hashtag means and stands for-  a couple of days ago I created a new Instagram account that will be, along with this blog, dedicated to breaking the stereotypes set on freedivers & Spearo's.
In the hope that by doing so I will encourage more females from the Caribbean to join me and the other Spearo Girls!! 



Check out my new account & follow me if you support the cause!!! Also, be sure to check out my following blog post to learn more information on my new movement #BREAKTHESTEREOTYPE. 






Thanks for catching up with the Spearo Girl!
Stay Tuned for more on my  following posts.

Much love,

Soph









No comments:

Post a Comment